Is your current business structure the right one for you?
If you're paying too much tax or if you're worried about losing your investment assets, our Business Structure Planning Program can help...
Business Structure Planning Program
A right business structure which offers optimal tax benefits and liability protection is the result of careful planning.
Business structure planning is a strategic and organised approach to determining the framework of how a business will operate. It involves making decisions about the legal, financial, and operational components of a business, including its ownership, management, and relationships with stakeholders. The goal of business structure planning is to create a strong and flexible foundation for the business to grow and thrive in the long term.
There are several key elements involved in business structure planning. These include defining the business’s goals and objectives, identifying its target market and competitive landscape, determining the optimal ownership structure (such as partnership, corporation, trust etc.), and establishing the roles and responsibilities of key decision-makers within the organisation.
Business structure planning also involves considering important legal and financial considerations, such as tax implications and liability protection, and executing the plan by implementing the necessary legal documents for the structure.
A well-planned business structure provides a clear roadmap for the organisation, ensuring that all aspects of the business are aligned and working towards the same goals. This can lead to better decision-making, improved operational efficiency, and a stronger competitive advantage.
Why bother with a Business Structure Planning Program?
When you have a formal Business Structure Planning Program in place for your business, you’re more likely to achieve business scale, maximise profits and protect your assets because we’ll help you:
- Create a strong and flexible foundation for business growth;
- Identify your business optimal ownership structure;
- Work with you to develop a business structure taking into account tax implications and liability considerations;
- Measure your progress towards your business and personal goals – whether the business structure strategy is working for you, or if you’re working for it; and
- Evaluate and adjust your business structure as your business grows and changes.
What is involved in a Business Structure Planning Program?
Our Business Structure Planning Program is a strategic and organised approach to determining the framework of how your business will operate. It involves planning and making strategic decisions about the legal, financial, and operational components of a business, including its ownership, management, and relationships with stakeholders. The goal of the Business Structure Planning Program is to create a strong and flexible foundation for the business to grow and thrive in the long term.
This Business Structure Planning Program should be supplemented by our Business Succession Planning Program which maps out your business succession requirements, determine your exit strategy and plan for your future business successor.
Business Structure Plan Design
- Your goals and values – identify your business and personal goals;
- Business management requirements – identify ongoing business management requirements;
- Business financial requirements – identify your current and future funding requirements and intentions;
- Business governance requirements – determine ongoing and new operational governance requirements in light of the contemplated business structure design;
- Strategy and implementation risks – identify risks with the business structure design and options for mitigating such risks;
- Business structure strategy – determine the most appropriate, tax optimal business structure for your business that takes into account your goals, values, existing business management and financial requirements and implementation risks;
- Business structure plan design – create a business structure plan that works for you and your business.
Business Structure Plan Implementation
- Implementation timeline – create a realistic timeline for implementing the business structure plan;
- Legal structure implementation – prepare legal documents, lodge requisite forms and perform all necessary tasks to establish the business legal structure or implement change of existing legal structure (depending on the optimal business structure design agreed with you);
- Operational governance implementation – prepare governance documents and all other supporting documents required to establish your business operational governance which supports the interests of owners, shareholders, management and employees;
- Communication implementation – draft a communications plan to communicate the business structure plan and what this means to management, employees and customers (as applicable).
Business Structure Plan Review
- Continuous review program – review and update your Business Structure Planning Program as required;
- Contract reviews – existing contracts with vendors, customers etc may need to be reviewed as most contracts would contain clauses relating to change of control or change of structure. We will be able to work with you on this.
What do you get with our Inveiss Business Structure Planning Program?
We will work with you to design a business structure plan that is customised to meet your business and personal goals and needs. The outcome of the design session(s) will be to provide you with a comprehensive and actionable Business Structure Plan that will focus on the following:
Depending on your business structure strategy, we will prepare the necessary legal documentation that will allow you to implement the Business Structure Plan we have designed for you. Such legal documentation may include the following:
Structure Documentation covers one or more of the following:
If you already have one or more documents above, we will be able to provide you with updated documents.
Our Business Structure Planning Program also comes with annual reviews free-of-charge so that you can be assured that as and when your business or personal goals and needs change, you will be able to update your Plan accordingly. As an optional extra, we also conduct Contract Reviews as required.